Crystal enthusiasts often debate about which crystals are the most appealing to cats. Some believe that catnip is the key to attracting kitties, while others maintain that quartz is more alluring.
So, why is my cat attracted to my crystals?
There is no definitive answer as to why some cats seem drawn to crystals in particular. Some experts say that crystals may have a calming effect on felines. Others suggest they may provide a special energy source or protection for cats.
Regardless of the reason, if your cat seems especially interested in your collection of crystals, it might be worth trying out different types to see which ones appeal to them.
Why Cats May Be Attracted to Crystals: The Science Behind It
There is a longstanding belief that certain crystals can attract cats, and there is science behind it.
Cats are known for their sharp eyesight, which allows them to see in low light. Crystals can emit light in many different frequencies, and some of these frequencies may be attractive to cats.
Also, crystals have been found to have a calming effect on animals, which could contribute to their attraction.
The Benefits of Including Crystal Supplies in a Cat’s Environment
Crystal items have been shown to provide a wide range of benefits for cats. Some of these benefits include:
- Crystal can help to promote positive energy in a cat’s environment, which can help to make the cat feel happier and more relaxed.
- Crystal can also help to calm cats when they are feeling stressed or anxious and can help them to sleep better.
- It has been found that crystal can also be beneficial in cases of feline anxiety and depression, as it helps increase serotonin levels in a cat’s brain.
By incorporating crystal supplies into their environment, cat owners can help their pets enjoy many of the same benefits associated with a healthy lifestyle.
Don’t Forget the Risks!
Do you remember the scene in Harry Potter when Ron Weasley is having a nightmare about spiders and rats?
It’s not surprising that cats would react similarly to tiny pieces of the crystal placed around their environment.
Unfortunately, crystals can be dangerous if ingested or if they become lodged in a cat’s throat.
Also, crystal formations can spark and start fires if they come into contact with combustible material.
If your cat starts coughing up blood, show extreme caution before assuming anything is wrong and seek veterinary care immediately.
Tips on How to Keep Your Cat from Destroying Crystals
If your cat regularly destroys crystals, it’s important to understand why and what you can do to stop the problem.
Here are some tips on how to keep your cat from destroying crystals:
- Keep any valuable crystals out of reach. If your cat can’t easily get to them, they’re less likely to try chewing or scratching them.
- Train your cat using positive reinforcement techniques. When they perform actions that lead to rewards (like eating kibble or playing with a toy), offer crystal treats as a side dish. This will help reinforce the behavior and make it more enjoyable for them.
- Place barriers around areas that contain crystals. This can be anything from a simple piece of furniture to entire walls mounted with wire mesh fencing. Anything that makes it harder for the cat to access the crystals will help deter them from attacking them.
The Bottom Line
It seems that crystals have a special ability to attract cats. Whether it’s the vibrations they create or the way they reflect light, it seems that cats can’t help but be drawn to these little objects.
Perhaps if you had some crystals around the house, your cat might start using your windows as a litter box!