Many cats have names that start with the letter “n.” There are several reasons for this.
First, some people think that starting a cat’s name with the letter “n” is special. Second, some people believe cats with names that start with “n” are likelier to be lucky. And finally, some people say that cats with names that start with “n” are associated with the planet Neptune.
Whatever the reason, exploring what cat names start with “n” is fascinating!
40+ Best cat names that start with n
Many cat names start with the letter “n.” Some popular names include Ninja, Napolean, Niagara, Nebula, and Noodle.
Some of these names may be more appropriate for one type of cat or another, but they all have one thing in common: they are unique and interesting.
Here are the top 43 best cat names that start with the letter n:
- Naboo. It is short and sweet. The name can easily be pronounced and remembered, making it perfect for kittens or cats just learning to speak. Additionally, the name has a neutral feel, which is perfect for cats who want something that won’t single them out in a crowd. Lastly, the name is relatively rare and not very commonly used, so your feline friend will stand out as being special when they have the moniker of Naboo!
- Nadia. Nadia is a perfect name for a cat because it is both unique and seemingly whimsical. It can be used for male and female cats, making it a great choice for any kitty’s personality. Plus, its pronunciation is similar to the word “dance,” giving your feline friend plenty of opportunities to show off their steps while you play fetch.
- Nala. The African lion inspires this name, a majestic animal that will make your cat stand out. It sounds pretty cool when you say it out loud!
- Nanu. Nanu is a unique and stylish cat name that will make your feline friend stand out from the crowd. The word has an Indian origin and is believed to have been used by ancient Aztec people. This makes Nanu an interesting and exotic name that your pet could be proud of.
- Napa. Napa is unique and has a classic sound. It rhymes with other popular cat names, like Sapa and Cata. Napa is easy to remember and pronounce. Also, It’s versatile and can be used for both male and female cats.
- Napalm. Napalm is derived from the phrase “an explosive mixture of naptha and gasoline.” This means that Napalm is a powerful name for your cat and will reflect its personality traits in how it behaves. Additionally, Napalm is easy to spell, so you won’t have any trouble choosing it as the name for your new feline friend.
- Napkin. Napkin is a very descriptive and unique cat name. It perfectly describes the feline’s personality and its short, stubby body. Napkin is not just for looks – this kitty is feisty and playful too! Napkin also has a cute nickname, Munchkin, further enhancing its appeal.
- Napoleon. Napoleon is the perfect name for a cat because it has many meanings. The first meaning is that Napoleon was a great general who led France to victory in many wars. Secondly, Napoleon is also a reference to the French emperor, who was famous for his military genius. Thirdly, Napoleon can represent strength and power.
- Napoletano. Names inspired by Italian culture are often associated with sophistication and elegance, which could be perfect for your young cat. Napoletano may be a good choice for cats who enjoy being active and curious.
- Narcissus. A certain elegance about Narcissus names makes them perfect for cats who want to stand out from the crowd. They’re sure to be the center of attention with such a prestigious moniker!
- Narwhal. Narwhal is a unique and majestic animal that doesn’t often appear in the pet market. Additionally, the name Narwhal seems mysterious and otherworldly, just like a powerful feline should be. Lastly, many people find that the name has an air of nobility- perfect for a cat who expects high standards in everything they do!
- Nasal. Nasal as cat names are a unique and fun way to show your kitty that you care. They’re also perfect for those who want a quirky and special name for their pet.
- Nascha. Nascha is a name that means “star” in Russian. It is a feminine name and is also the name of a flower. Some people choose Nascha as a cat name because it sounds pretty and it has an interesting meaning. Others may choose Nascha because they love flowers or are interested in Russian culture.
- Nash. Nash is one of the most popular cat names out there. It has a nostalgic feel to it and is perfect for people who want something unique. People also like the name because it has a strong and independent sound.
- Nashoba. Nashoba is an ancient word meaning “forest river” or “meadow stream.” Nashoba has a strong, proud sound that will resonate with your cat and make them feel special. It reflects the naturalistic qualities of cats and is sure to please them.
- Nasir. Nasir is a unique and perfect cat name for you if you are looking for something unique. This name is perfect for a black or dark brown cat. It also has Arabic origins, so it would be a great choice if you are looking for a cultural name.
- Naso. Naso is an excellent cat name because it is unique and descriptive. Naso means “nose” in Latin, so this name aptly reflects the feline’s characteristic feature. Additionally, the name possesses some other interesting meanings, such as “fury,” “madness,” and “error.” Ultimately, these qualities make Naso a perfect moniker for your kitty.
- Nassau. Nassau is a famous cat name because it has a unique sound and is easy to spell. It also has several meanings, such as prince or ruler, which could make your cat feel special.
- Nasus. Nasus is a unique name for a cat. It is not common, but it has its fans. Nasus names can be very creative, making great choices for both male and female cats.
- Navidad. Navidad is a beautiful, unique name that will please even the most finicky cat. It has a gentle sound and a touch of sweetness, which is perfect for kittens or cats who want something soft and cuddly to call their own. Plus, it’s just easy enough for anyone to say!
- Nebo. Nebo is a popular choice for cat names that start with the letter n. This name is perfect for cats who want a unique and exciting name. Nebo is also a feminine name, so it can be used by a male or female cat.
- Nefertiti. This name is very feminine. Moreover, it has a lot of historical significance. As the daughter of Pharaoh Akhenaten and his chief queen Nefertiti, this kitty has had quite an illustrious life! Plus, it just sounds cool!
- Neko. Some people might find the name cute, while others may think it sounds unique and exotic. Neko also happens to be a Japanese word that means “cat.” If you’re looking for a unique name for your furry friend, Neko might be a great option.
- Nelson. Nelson is a great name for cats because it means strong and brave. It also has a historical meaning, as it was the nickname of Nelson Mandela.
- Nemesis. This name is perfect for cats who want to be seen as individualistic and rebellious. It’s also perfect if you want your cat to be associated with dark or dangerous things. And lastly, it can also spell out some pretty powerful words when said aloud. So if you’re looking for a unique and powerful cat name, look no further than Nemesis!
- Nemo. This unique moniker is perfect for a playful kitty who loves to swim. Nemo is also the name of a heroic character from the movie “Finding Nemo.”
- Neptune. Neptune is associated with water, which is a natural habitat for cats. Additionally, the name has a playful and mystical quality that appeals to some pet owners. Considering naming your feline friend Neptune, consider other factors, like your cat’s personality and lifestyle.
- Nero. Nero is a popular cat name because of its strong and distinguished sound. It’s also the name of an ancient Roman emperor. Nero was known for his dramatic and outrageous behavior, which made him one of the most famous cats in the world.
- Nevaeh. Nevaeh can be a feminine name that connotes innocence or purity, making it perfect for a feline friend who is always up for new adventures. It also connects to the Hebrew word for a new moon, so it could represent the change in your cat’s life as they transition from one phase to another. Beyond being an enchanting and unique name, Nevaeh also has two nicknames that sound adorable: Nala and Naya.
- Newlywed. It is a playful and fun name that can be used for many different breeds of cats. Newlywed makes a great first name for a cat because it is unique and memorable.
- Niagara. the name is unique and alluring. It has an exciting history that makes it even more desirable. Furthermore, Niagara is also very fitting for cats who enjoy water activities like swimming and playing in the waves.
- Nico. Nico is a unique name for a cat that’s sure to get attention. It’s perfect for a cat who wants to stand out from the crowd. Nico is also famous as the first name for boys and girls, so your cat will have plenty of friends to play with.
- Nighthawk. It is unique and different from any other cat name out there. This name conjures images of night-time predators, such as hawks and owls, powerful and respected animals. Also, This name has a sultry sound that can invite or excite your kitty.
- Nightingale. This name originates from the Old English word nīhtāgale, meaning “nightingale.” The name is perfect for a feline with an artistic side, as it evokes the sweet sounds of this bird in the night.
- Nightmare. It has a unique and ominous sound to it. It can also create a sense of fear in other cats, which can benefit from training. Additionally, the name can symbolize power and strength to some owners.
- Nimbus. Nimbus is also the Roman name for the sun. This celestial name may befit a kitty with an outgoing personality.
- Ninja. Some people find the name intriguing due to its mysterious sound. Others may be drawn to its cool and fierce aura. Regardless of the reason, there is no doubt that Ninja cats make great pets.
- Nino. This Italian name means “little lion” and is perfect for a playful feline. This name has many different meanings, so you’re sure to find one that fits your cat perfectly. Plus, it’s an easy name to spell and pronounce!
- Nirvana. Nirvana is a name that has a lot of meaning behind it. It can be used for both male and female cats and can be pretty unique. There are plenty of other names that are just as good, but Nirvana might be the right fit for your feline friend.
- Njord. In Norse mythology, Njord was a god of the sea, rivers, and fishing. His name is believed to be derived from the Proto-Germanic word *njōrdaz.
- Noodle. This name may sound odd initially, but it is pretty cute and gentle. It is perfect for a calico or tortie cat who loves to play fetch.
- Noopy. Noopy is a unique and clever cat name that will appeal to many cat lovers. It’s an original and quirky name that will get your kitty’s attention. Noopy also has an edge, making it perfect for some kitty who wants to stand out from the crowd. And last but not least, the name is simply adorable.
- Nugget. Nugget is a delightful name for a cat. The meaning of the name is not exactly clear, but it might suggest that the cat is small and nimble. Alternatively, it could be referring to the fact that cats typically hunt by pouncing on their prey, so this name could symbolize how fierce and determined this feline is. In any case, Nugget is an adorable choice for a new cat friend!
We’ve compiled a list of some of the best cat names that start with the letter “n.”
Whether you’re looking for a unique name for your new feline friend or just curious to see what others have named their kitties, these choices should inspire you.
So what are you waiting for? Start naming those cats!
Leave a Reply